Happy 2016! This year already feels magical to me and I am busy planting seeds for the future.
As you know, Feng Shui is about energy – its flow – or lack of it and its reflection in the quality of your life. Since everything is energy, that means your home and office are composed of endless energy fields. This is the perfect time to undergo a thorough cleaning and to clear 2015, physically and mentally.
Here are a five of easy things to do to kick off 2016:
- Clear Your Clutter for Good Feng Shui – repurpose anything that does not bring you joy. This helps the energy flow through out your home. And if something is broken, get rid of it. Broken items cut the “chi” or energy in our space.
- Bring in Light and Air – open the windows – even if it’s cold- to help bring in the fresh air of 2016. Allow as much natural light in your home as possible. Bring in plants to help purify the air.
- Be mindful of the Feng Shui “trinity” – your bedroom, your bathroom and your kitchen are deeply connected to your health. Make sure these rooms are free of clutter and have the five elements represented – air, water, earth, wood and metal.
- Bring more love into your life – make sure your bedroom is free of photos of your family and has an abundance of photos of you and your partner. No work allowed in the bedroom! Have two nightstands, one on each side of the bed and have a headboard in order to maintain a supportive relationship.
- Create a Strong Front Door -It doesn’t need to be red but the area needs to be free of clutter and clean. You must use your front door daily in order to honor the “mouth of the dragon.”